My dad has AML and his Dr. said prayers kept him alive!

here are all the messages sent to Blake
Lesli McIntosh-Dan Royce'

My dad has AML and his Dr. said prayers kept him alive!

Post by Lesli McIntosh-Dan Royce' »

Blake,
Hi, I am a friend of Dan Royce. One of your aunts coached Dan's kids in swimming and helped run their bagel business. Anyway, Dan sent a message asking for prayers and well wished to be sent to you.

I want you to know that prayer is helping my dad live with AML!

My dad was diagnosed with AML in January and the doctors told him he would not live past June. He went through intensive chemo in isolation for 30 days in a hospital and, although it did not put the leukemia into remission, we consider the chemo to have worked! He has been home for 6 months and all of his blood counts have remained higher than they have been for years. We are Christian and have had our church, friends, family and total strangers praying for my dad since January and it has helped!

My dad's doctor told him a few months ago that he has no medical explanation for why my dad is still alive and that he believes it truly has to be all of the prayers people have been saying for him. I will ask my parents to pray for you, just as I will from now on. I will also send them to your website and perhaps they will send you a get well wish too!

If you or your parents want someone to talk to about somone who is living with AML and who was told he wouldn't, please fell free to email me at lesli_mcintosh@yahoo.com and I will gladly share any info I can.

Have hope Blake! I believe God listens to the prayers people are praying for you and it can and will make a difference! God answers prayers and my dad is living proof of that! Although he felt weak while in the hospital and thought he would die, he is now home doling what he loves and taking a lot of vacations with my mom and he is happy and feeling great! You will be back playing all of your sports before you know it! Hold on to my dad's example as hope that you too will be ok Blake!
All my prayers and best wishes-
Lesli McIntosh